Sunday, September 12, 2010

Room without a view.


I’ve moved from my 2nd floor room down to the ground floor into a studio. It’s a slightly bigger room with the added bonus of a kitchen which includes a fridge. Now I have ice for my whisky and space to keep some beer. Oh, and yes, there’s a bit of space for other essentials…
I also get a small garden which I don’t have to maintain so all I have to do is watch the grass grow. Then there’s the all important fence that one meets a neighbour at for a beer at the end of the day. It just so happens that Tim, the maintenance manager, is my neighbour. The staff here just give a shake of the head, a South African and an American who buck the system and prefer to do things our way.
The down side to moving is losing my window with a view but dangling bare feet on the grass makes up for it as does having a door to the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment